Sleep Deprivation Leads to Symptoms of Schizophrenia
Psychologists at the University of Bonn are amazed by the severe deficits caused by a sleepless night.
Twenty-four hours of sleep deprivation can lead to conditions in healthy persons similar to the symptoms of schizophrenia. This discovery was made by an international team of researchers under the guidance of the University of Bonn and King’s College London. The scientists point out that this effect should be investigated more closely in persons who have to work at night. In addition, sleep deprivation may serve as a model system for the development of drugs to treat psychosis. The results have now been published in The Journal of Neuroscience.
As promised, a masterpost of DBT resources. I’ve starred the ones I think are most helpful.
Information about DBT
DBT Skills Training
- DBT Skills Handbook*
- DBT Self Help Lessons
- DBT Skills Lessons
- DBT Skills At A Glance
- DBT Skills Quick Reference Sheet*
Handouts, Worksheets, Downloads, etc.
It sounds really simple but it’s already helped me a lot.
Make a list of :
Four things you hear
Three things you feel
Two things you smell
One thing you taste
And repeat this list to yourself five times.
I know it sounds super simple and I’m sure a lot of people do it already, but if it helps anyone, then it’s worth sharing.
I like to call this "Parts of Disneyland rides that scared the shit out of me as a kid."
- Indiana Jones Adventure- snake striking at you
- Alice in Wonderland- the Queen of Hearts getting angry
- Haunted Mansion- the bride in the attic scene
- Snow White’s Scary Adventures- the whole ride basically
- Pinocchio’s Daring Journey- appearance from Monstro the Whale
- Pirates of the Caribbean- the shipwreck scene
You’re awesome! :)
You guys can contribute by leaving a question or comment on the articles. Our authors will reply to you.
- Have you eaten in the last 4ish hours?
- Have you had something to drink today?
- Can you have something, even if just milk or water or cup’o’noodles or toast with something yummy on it, if you haven’t, please?
- If you have any injuries, can you please take care of them for me
- Also please take any meds if you should and haven’t, yet?
Whatever you have or haven’t done today just know you’re super strong and I am so proud of you
Okay you can go back to blogging now~ <3
HERE YOU GO.